◖ A B O U T ◗
Solar deities play a major role in many world religions and mythologies. Worship of the Sun was central to civilizations such as the ancient Egyptians, the Inca of South America and the Aztecs of what is now Mexico. In religions such as Hinduism, the Sun is still considered a god, he is known as Surya Dev. Many ancient monuments were constructed with solar phenomena in mind; for example, stone megaliths accurately mark the summer or winter solstice (some of the most prominent megaliths are located in Nabta Playa, Egypt; Mnajdra, Malta and at Stonehenge, England); Newgrange, a prehistoric human-built mount in Ireland, was designed to detect the winter solstice; the pyramid of El Castillo at Chichén Itzá in Mexico is designed to cast shadows in the shape of serpents climbing the pyramid at the vernal and autumnal equinoxes.
The ancient Sumerians believed that the Sun was Utu, the god of justice and twin brother of Inanna, the Queen of Heaven, who was identified as the planet Venus. Later, Utu was identified with the East Semitic god Shamash. Utu was regarded as a helper-deity, who aided those in distress, and, in iconography, he is usually portrayed with a long beard and clutching a saw, which represented his role as the dispenser of justice.
From at least the Fourth Dynasty of Ancient Egypt, the Sun was worshipped as the god Ra, portrayed as a falcon-headed divinity surmounted by the solar disk, and surrounded by a serpent. In the New Empire period, the Sun became identified with the dung beetle, whose spherical ball of dung was identified with the Sun. In the form of the sun disc Aten, the Sun had a brief resurgence during the Amarna Period when it again became the preeminent, if not only, divinity for the Pharaoh Akhenaton.
The Egyptians portrayed the god Ra as being carried across the sky in a solar barque, accompanied by lesser gods, and to the Greeks, he was Helios, carried by a chariot drawn by fiery horses. From the reign of Elagabalus in the late Roman Empire the Sun's birthday was a holiday celebrated as Sol Invictus (literally "Unconquered Sun") soon after the winter solstice, which may have been an antecedent to Christmas. Regarding the fixed stars, the Sun appears from Earth to revolve once a year along the ecliptic through the zodiac, and so Greek astronomers categorized it as one of the seven planets (Greek planetes, "wanderer"); the naming of the days of the weeks after the seven planets dates to the Roman era.
In Proto-Indo-European religion, the Sun was personified as the goddess Seh'ul. Derivatives of this goddess in Indo-European languages include the Old Norse Sól, Sanskrit Surya, Gaulish Sulis, Lithuanian Saulė, and Slavic Solntse. In ancient Greek religion, the sun deity was the male god Helios, who in later times was syncretized with Apollo.
In the Bible, Malachi 4:2 mentions the "Sun of Righteousness" (sometimes translated as the "Sun of Justice"), which some Christians have interpreted as a reference to the Messiah (Christ). In ancient Roman culture, Sunday was the day of the sun god. It was adopted as the Sabbath day by Christians who did not have a Jewish background. The symbol of light was a pagan device adopted by Christians, and perhaps the most important one that did not come from Jewish traditions. In paganism, the Sun was a source of life, giving warmth and illumination to mankind. It was the center of a popular cult among Romans, who would stand at dawn to catch the first rays of sunshine as they prayed. The celebration of the winter solstice (which influenced Christmas) was part of the Roman cult of the unconquered Sun (Sol Invictus). Christian churches were built with an orientation so that the congregation faced toward the sunrise in the East.
Tonatiuh, the Aztec god of the sun, was usually depicted holding arrows and a shield and was closely associated with the practice of human sacrifice. The sun goddess Amaterasu is the most important deity in the Shinto religion, and she is believed to be the direct ancestor of all Japanese emperors.
◖ P R O P E R T I E S ◗
• Material: 14k Gold (100% real, not plated, not filled)
• Handmade Jewelry
• Weight: 1,3gr (for 18")
• Adjustable: Yes, 1" Extension will be added to selected length.
◖ D I O N J E W E L ◗
‣ 14K REAL GOLD
‣ EXPRESS DELIVERY IN 1-3 DAYS*
‣ HANDMADE ONLY FOR YOU, NO USED JEWELRY
‣ GIFT BOX AND OTHER GIFTS
◖ P R O D U C T I O N & Q U A L I T Y ◗
‣ All of our jewelry are handmade and made to order.
‣ We use only 14K real gold. (8k or 18k too for some jewelry) We do not craft any gold filled, gold plated, or gold vermeil items over silver or other metals.
‣ We guarantee quality of our jewelry. We offer a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.
‣ Raw materials are coming from historical gold and jewelry market of Istanbul Grand Bazaar. The Grand Bazaar (Kapalicarsi) was constructed in 1455 as a center for local trade of clothing and jewelry. From the 17th-19th centuries, European travelers noted that Istanbul was unlike any other trade center in its variety, quality, and amounts of products and goods. We are trying to make you feel the spirit of historical market in our jewelry.
◖ S H I P P I N G & P A C K A G I N G ◗
‣ All orders will be shipped via tracked express shipping. Exceptions may apply (see FAQ)
‣ If you need your order by a certain date, please let us know in the notes section. We will do our best to speed up the process but please keep that mind it is not guaranteed.
‣ Each order comes packaged in an elegant box for gifting and an additional pouch for travels.
* Delivery time may vary depending on the cargo company and customs procedures. 95% of the orders we send are delivered within a maximum of 3 work days (for US, EU and UK) from the date of shipment. Production time is not included.
► Please see FAQ for further details about shipping duration, production, return & exchange terms, care instructions, warranty, etc.
1-5 business days
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Personal Data We Collect
We collect the following types of personal data when you place an order on our Etsy store: your name, email address, shipping address, and phone number (if provided).
How We Collect Personal Data
We collect personal data through the Etsy platform when you place an order with us.
Purpose of Collecting Personal Data
We collect your personal data to fulfill your orders and to communicate with you about your orders. We may use your email address to send you updates on the status of your order, and we may use your phone number to contact you if there are any issues with shipping or customs.
Sharing Personal Data with Third Parties
We share your personal data (excluding phone number, unless requested) with our shipping company in order to fulfill your orders. We do not share your personal data with any other third parties.
Retention of Personal Data
The retention of your personal data is determined by Etsy.
Security of Personal Data
The protection of your personal data is secured by Etsy and our shipping company's systems. We do not store your personal data on our systems.
Your GDPR Rights
As a customer, you have the right to access, modify, or delete your personal data. You can contact Etsy to exercise these rights.
UNITED STATES, CANADA, UNITED KINGDOM, AUSTRALIA
• 📦UPS Express
EUROPE, ASIA, OTHERS
• 📦UPS Express
• 📦TNT/FedEx Express
‣ Your orders are sent with the express option. The estimated arrival time is around 2-4 workdays for US, CA, EU and UK. Please consider weekends and holidays, we do not guarantee delivery time.
‣ Please note that, in rare cases, there might be some delay in customs. We are not responsible for delays in customs.
‣ Due to increased shipping fees, we are using alternative shipping methods for Asia, South America, Africa and some of EU countries to continue offering "free shipping".
‣ Specified companies, durations and express option are valid for the majority of our sales, but may vary in some cases.
‣ All our products are sent with the "Express Shipping" option for most of countries worldwide. Unfortunately, there is no way we can deliver it faster. Shipping upgrade is available for some Asia, Africa countries and Australia.
‣ Yes, we do deliver to PO BOX (for USA only) but express shipping is valid only for physical addresses. PO BOX deliveries are not guaranteed and they will be sent with a slower shipping method. We strongly advise you to get in touch with us and provide a physical address.
‣ Since the products we sell are gold jewelry, all our shipments are delivered with signature. On the other hand delivery companies may sometimes deliver the package without signature. It is not guaranteed.
‣ If we haven't shipped the product, you can change it. However, if the product has been sent, we will forward your request to the shipping company. Although it usually results positively, we cannot guarantee.
‣ Cargo companies we work with usually tries to deliver the package to you several times. We try to follow the status of all our shipments as much as possible and inform you and the transport company in case of a problem. However, contacting your local transportation office will speed up the process.
‣ Products that are not received despite all efforts are either destroyed by cargo companies or returned to us. See "Return Policy and Fees" below for details.
‣ Your gold jewelry is exposed to skin oils, perspiration, dust, makeup, and more when worn on a daily basis. Clean your jewelry with a solution of 10-parts warm water and 2-parts dish soap on a daily basis to maintain the luster.
‣ Soak your gold jewelry pieces for 3 hours before gently scrubbing them with a soft cloth. Rinse thoroughly with hot water and wipe dry with a clean towel.
‣ Bonus Tip: after this, polish your jewelry with a jewelry polishing cloth for an extra shine!
‣ Attention: Gold is a soft metal. Brushing and drying should be done gently, and don't use a paper towel or tissue to avoid scratching your jewelry.
All of our products are under our warranty for lifetime. Conditions below apply;
‣ If the stone falls off the item,
‣ If the lock/clasp breaks.
Also we will be more than happy to help you if your product requires small repairs or maintanence. Such as;
‣ If the product requires polishing or get scratched,
‣ If the product breaks or chain snaps,
*Return & re-delivery shipping costs belong to the customer.
*Any applicable customs taxes belong to the customer.
*Item must be sent back without any missing parts.
‣ Returned product must be sent by paying the shipping charges.
‣ The shipments sent must be traceable and must be sent to be delivered with signature.
‣ When you want to return/exchange your order, please contact us for details on how to make the shipment.
‣ Returned and exchanged items are subjected to 30$+10% re-stocking fee.
‣ Additional costs of ours (transportation, repair, customs tax, etc.) will be deducted.
‣ Custom & personalized orders cannot be returned and exchanged.
‣ For following lengths, items are also considered as personalized order.
* Bracelets; 6 1/2" and shorter,
* Necklaces; 15" and shorter,
* Rings; Size 4US and smaller.
‣ Engraved jewelry is considered personalized and cannot be returned/exchanged.
‣ Length is measured including clasp. The total distance between the beginning and the end of the product gives the full length. The usable length may be shorter due to the clasp mechanism, chain thickness, etc.
‣ Weight has ±5% error tolerance due to measurement instrument or the jewelry being manufactured by hand. Ring weights may be changed ±15% due to size.
‣ Necklace length may change 1/4" (6-7mm) due to the jewelry being manufactured by hand.
‣ Bracelet length may change 1/8" (3-4mm) due to the jewelry being manufactured by hand.
‣ Some chains may not be produced in the exact length as purchased due to each individual link size. In that case the chain will be made in closest length.
‣ Cancellations after indicated time period are subjected to 10% re-stocking fee.
‣ Any custom order cannot be cancelled, returned or exchanged after 1 hour of purchase.
‣ Personalized orders cannot be cancelled, returned or exchanged after 1 hour of purchase.
We reserve rights to make changes for conditions.
‣ We are not responsible for uncollected packages.
‣ There will be no refund for uncollected packages.
Apr 3, 2023
Jan 26, 2023